Friday, August 27, 2010

Bring on the Leaves

Fall is unquestionably my favorite season. There are so many things I look forward to:

The gorgeous colors; love the over abundance of trees in DG. Our church parsonage has a stunning example of full blown autumn splendor.

The smell of burning leaves...reminds me of raking huge piles at Grandma Fitzgerald's house.

The food! We eat more soups, stews, homemade breads...

Soccer games. Remind me of this when I am cocooned in my old purple sleeping bag in flurries and icy wind come November.

Friday Family game nights are fun after T's long week at school and E's work week. We may even splurge on Dan's pizza.

Walks to the library with C.

Start up for Women's Bible studies. Jeanine & I are leading the Tuesday group again. I am anxious to meet with these beautiful ladies again as we share our lives and learn Truth from God's Word.

The list is endless...

Off to finish my coffee and eat some of the zucchini bread we made last night. The longer it sits, the better it gets! We made "regular" zucchini bread and a new recipe from allrecipes.com called Pineapple Zucchini bread.

Happy Friday.

1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised that the leaves are changing already. I do have to admit that I miss the changing color of leaves. I make up for it by having picnic lunches on the beach with the family in perfect weather conditions (80 degrees with no wind).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin