Thursday, August 5, 2010

Friendship

This summer I have had the blessing of connecting with some of the wonderful women from my church family. We have been meeting on Thursday nights for a book club, discussing Beth Moore's So Long, Insecurity. There has been much crying, much heart-sharing and MUCH laughter. We passed around the communal Kleenex box tonight and cried with each other. I feel so honored that these wonderful women have opened up their hearts and that I have been able to marvel at the beautiful complexity of who they are, who they were, who they are becoming.
1 Peter 3:4 & 5 is a verse that often comes to mind after I have spent time in fellowship with women who love the Lord:
"Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past, who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful".
Thankful for the example of beautiful women that God has placed in my life. Especially the example of my mom, who serves so cheerfully and selflessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin