Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Pistachio Ice Cream



My sister generously let me borrow her ice cream maker and the boys have been excited to try my experiments.

Yesterday, I had no half and half or heavy cream so I searched for an ice cream recipe that would suffice without either of those ingredients...not an easy task. I found a recipe for ice cream made with pudding and changed it up a bit. There are only three ingredients and the results were amazing! It was very sweet, but not cloyingly so. If you like creamy, intensely flavored ice cream, try this! Although we used pistachio (my favorite), I am fairly certain that other flavors would produce delicious ice cream.

Pistachio Ice Cream
14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
3.4 ounce package dry pudding mix (pistachio)
1 1/2 cups milk

Whisk all ingredients in medium bowl. Pour into ice cream freezer and process as directed. I transferred to a plastic container to ripen and firm up in freezer for 2 hours. Enjoy!!

6 comments:

  1. pistachio is my favorite!! I need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tried cheesecake pudding & it was great. Coconut cream flavored pudding tasted fantastic, but never firmed up as much as I would like. Sooo simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for participating in Sweet Sunday! I love making homemade ice cream. Once I made homemade ice cream for the first time, I never purchased any from the store since. Thanks are sharing this simple and delicious looking recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pistachio ice cream! It looks really easy to make too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo I have an ice cream maker and I love pistachio so this is perfect. Also love the serving dish you used, very vintage. Stopping by from Sweet Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so going to try this!!! How can you wrong with something containing sweetened condensed milk! Thanks for posting!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin