Sunday, January 2, 2011

And.....We Have Pants!


My sister & I adhere to a $10 spending threshold for our kid's Christmas gifts. This year I decided to make pajama pants for my niece Rachel as well as a matching pair for her doll. Never having sewn from a pattern before, I had a lot of trial and error and gained a deep respect for accomplished seamstresses.
Rachel opened her pants on Christmas Eve but a glitch with my new serger meant that her doll's pants would be finished at a later date. Tonight I finished them and they are pretty adorable. The frosted donut fabric is a soft flannel and the lavender ribbon is grosgrain. Rachel's pants have a cuff that is a pink polka dot flannel.
My hats off to the women who sew with ease and confidence. I am getting there, slowly but surely.

1 comment:

  1. Well done! They are really cute...you'll have to get a photo of Rachel and her doll together.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin