Friday, January 21, 2011

Slow and Steady Wins the Race

The reason that my blogging has slowed a bit is due to the fact that I have been making exercise a priority.

Not a New Year's resolution nor a desire to drop several pounds (although that would be lovely).
I am really enjoying the energy that comes from a regular exercise regime. This endeavor has not been easy with the cold weather as I generally hit the gym around 8:30pm and come home at 10:00ish. Chicago has been especially cold this week and it would be wonderful to sit at home with a mug of hot cider and read a good book.
However, I have been encouraged by scripture as I seek to implement this discipline in my life.
Romans 7:15
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
OK, I am not saying that sipping cider at home is a sin, but laziness is not honoring God or the body that He gave me. And when I do take care of my health, there is the added blessing when I feel less tired, irritable, etc.
Truthfully, I am already a bit fearful of "falling off the wagon". But I have seen spiritual blessing in my life because of my quiet time discipline so I am hoping that my fitness discipline reaps fruit as well. Not overnight, but slowly and steadily.
This week I will be posting a tutorial on making your own Swiffer cloths-so easy and eco-friendly. Using old flannel or dollar store microfiber cloths. In addition, I hope to post a guide on how to turn an old wooden highchair into a cute toddler/child chair for your table. Looks cute & slides up to the table so your little one feels like a big kid.
Oh, I almost forgot!! My etsy store is up & running. Here is the link:
And yes, I did go to the gym tonight!


4 comments:

  1. Why do you need to go to the gym when you can exercise in your room like the lady in the picture? I also think that you should wear exercise clothes like her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you think that's funny, google retro exercise pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the black and white retro photos on your blog. I know it is difficult to exercise during the middle of winter in the midwest. You are right, it feels good to get the exercise once you motivate yourself to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start to your etsy shop! I looked through all of it and was impressed. You are very talented my sister. Any buyers yet?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin