Monday, December 6, 2010

Hurricane C


Mr. C, our 2 year old, lived up to his nickname of "Hurricane" today.


Too tired to post much, but he ended up with 3 staples in his head.


Fell off the chaise lounge into the coffee table.


Aside from the scary aspect of seeing your child hurt, I am grateful for many things:


1) That my Dad was there with a cool head and fatherly-grandfatherly wisdom.

2) That it was just a gash on his noggin and not a concussion, broken bone, etc.

3) Modern medicine! Thankful for kind nurses & doctors.

4) That I didn't hit my head when I almost passed out (embarrassing).

5) That C is sleeping soundly and was up to his usual tricks tonight...he was playing with the Nativity scene & moving the people around, later sliding them down his play slide. We are now minus Joseph and one of the Magi.

6) Thankful that T came in from school and said that we should pray that C feels better; he loves his brother & has such a tender heart of mercy.


Good night, all. Lunches made, crock pot set. The cookies can wait until tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! My oldest son seemed drawn to our coffee table, corner trim pieces, and the like when he was that age. Many "goose-eggs" at random points on his head. It can be so scary!

    Hope he's feeling better now that a few days have passed :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized my post didn't "take" from a few days ago...

    I'm glad Charlie is okay. He really must have hit his head hard because you have always claimed that he has one of the hardest heads of a little boy that you know, right? Is staples the new thing they do? How's he doing now? He seemed in good spirits when I saw him on Skype last night.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin