Monday, July 25, 2011

First Tomatoes and Cheap, Fabulous Dinner

Today I picked about 25 little cherry tomatoes from the garden.  I have several small varieties planted so I carried in a beautiful array of tasty little tomatoes.  Here is a picture of them, halved.


The crazy weather (heavy rains and high winds) have taken their toll on my garden, but the tomatoes are still robust as ever.  The basil was begging to be picked, too, so I brought in a bowlful for pesto making.  Here is my pesto recipe:
http://sweetaprondays.blogspot.com/2010/08/toasted-walnut-pesto.html

After making the pesto, my only task was to wait for the water to boil.


The boys had hot pasta dressed with pesto and E & I had the same but covered ours with cherry tomatoes and freshly grated Parm. 

Tastes like summer and the whole meal was about $2!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm...minus the tomatoes! I am learning to enjoy them in some contexts though...like sundried or cooked in some olive oil with seasoning.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin